Monday, October 24, 2011

Before the Storm

I can see the squall line from here, in that I've lived it.  I've read the excerpts, I've looked over Bacon's answers to some thoughtful questions, I know what I am getting in to when I read this.  I'll learn things I cannot unlearn, I will see people in new lights, perhaps lights that are unflattering, but it has to happen.  We need to know the truth, or something close to it, because we need to learn from history, no matter how painful it may be.

So we're going to read it (fair warning, we're not going to review it until we're done, and that may be a while, it's just the nature of my life at the moment).  I'll happily discuss the book with you, but be advised, in any conversation of this type, I will prefer sourced notions to speculation.

Here we go...

No comments: