|It's great that Mark Dantonio finally has to stop his childish gambino act.
Circumstances did not allow me to watch Saturday's game on television. The problem with listening to football on the radio is that Tim Brando make every run seem equally exciting. LeVeon Bell pushes his way forward for two yards sounds exactly the same as Fitzgerald Toussaint hits a hole for four yards, which sounds exactly the same at Denard Robinson bounces to the outside for seven yards. I found the best way for me to keep track of Michigan's status was by tracking the coherence of Ace Anbender's tweets.
|Is this a Mathlete win probability chart or an Ace Anbender literacy chart?
YOU MAKE THE CALL.
Those defenses forced MSU into what may be the overlooked play of the game, their decision to kick a field goal from 4th and goal from the one. Michigan's was so effective the Dantonio didn't trust Bell to get one yard. MSU's was so effective that a one-point lead looked like it might be insurmountable. But in the end, it all came down to has the ball last, as it so often does.
It may have been painful to watch. After four years, it may be more of a cause for relief than celebration. Either way, let's look back on this day and be happy.
- When your Sparty relative has to shut up for a year, that's October 20th.
- When Mark Dantonio has to give Denard his credit, that's October 20th.
- Whenever half the SEC is under .500, that's October 20th.
- When ohio pulls out a big comeback that will in no way help them go to a bowl game, that's October 20th.
- When your team win 900 games, that's October 20th.
- When Michigan celebrates New Year's Day in Pasadena, that's October 20th.
*The current eligible B1G division leaders, Michigan and Wisconsin, have four total losses, three to undefeated teams in the Top 10, and one a three-point loss on the road. That's not great, but it's not Big East levels of failure.