Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Nussmeter is Little in the Middle

A fairly nondescript performance by the offense and the Nussmeter moves back up to a bitter almond 4. But hey, Jake Butt's back! We can work with that!

I LIKE JAKE BUTT AND I CANNOT LIE
All you other brothers can't deny
That when Miami runs by with a bad coverage plan
And leave him open in the flat
He gets SPRUNG

<record skip, bad blog post shorthand indicating something zany just happened>

Wait. The offense may have been better than the previous week, what with them scoring points and all, but the 2014 Michigan offense is still a pale shadow of 1990s glory. So the only appropriate song about Jake Butt is 2014's pale shadow of "Baby Got Back":



Picture of Jake Butt via MGoBlog/Upchurch. They are not responsible for this -- actually, LSAClassof2000 kinda is.

Because you know I'm all about Jake Butt, about Jake Butt (no Funchess!)
I'm all about that Butt, Jake Butt (no Funchess!)
I'm all about that Butt, Jake Butt (no Funchess!)
I'm all about that Butt, Jake Butt
Yeah it's pretty clear, we won't go ten and two
But we can run it, catch it, like we're supposed to do
Cause we got that tight end that the DBs chase
Hitting all the right routes in all the right places
I see the turnovers because the ball is dropped
We know that shit ain't right
Come on now, make it stop
If you're wide open open raise your arms up
Cause one day we'll play mistake-free
From the bottom to the top
My mama she told me don't worry about the time
Some teams need a little more play clock to get to the line
You know there won't be no no-huddle silly up-tempo calls
If that's what you're into there's Auburn and Oregon.
We're bringing blocking back!
RBs go ahead and hit the skinny gaps that...
Nah, the OL's making holes that are really fat
But I'm here to tell you that
one day we'll play mistake-free
From the bottom to the top 

No comments: