Monday, August 25, 2008

Quicker on the draw...

Last night, I popped over to MGoBlog to check MGo.licio.us and saw this article from J. Brady McCollough (as Brian noted, a Michigan Daily alum) of the Kansas City Star and was struck by a quote, which I filed away to write up when I got home from work today.

Then I woke up and read this post, and I quickly realized my post was not only unnecessary, but also would have paled in comparison. Brian nails it, down to the quote that caught my eye and my general feelings on the topic. Anything I could add would feel superfluous.

Michigan, as a fan base, is exceptionally fortunate to have Brian. He embodies so much of what we, as Michigan fans, value and appreciate. It's a wonderful place to start, but it isn't the only place to go.

So as another season starts, go and look at what the Michigan blogs have to offer. Frequent the ones you appreciate, and make your voice heard when appropriate. It's unlikely you will be told down in front. And if you can't find what you're looking for, cook up your own. Find an angle, find your voice, and even if you're not very good when you start, keep trying.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I don't think Brian at MGoBlog leaves his basement very often! (that's good for us blog readers!) Yes, we Michigan fans are lucky to have him! And although his blog tends to elicit numerous responses, it doesn't mean his is the ONLY blog frequented! Hoover Street Rag is among my top blog stops for pure Michigan reading! Thank you! Please keep writing about all things Michigan and the Michigan Band! Jill